Policy on Environmental impact
2009-08-28 © Board of Directors Swedbank AB
The Environmental Policy should be seen as a specified guideline on environmental issues to Swedbank's Group-wide Sustainability Policy.
Swedbank Group is responsible for environmental impact of its decisions and activities. This policy describes and establishes the basic and common view within Swedbank Group on Environmental impact and on the Group’s management of environmental issues.
Through the integration of environmental aspects into Group operations, Swedbank contribute to a sustainable society while building sustainable profitability and a strong brand. Swedbank Group is aware of global challenges that come from environmental impact. The Group is also aware of direct and indirect impact from its banking operations. Based on the foregoing idea, operations are to be characterised by the following basic principles:
- conduct its business in a way that considers opportunities and risks from an environmental perspective,
- work closely with customers and other stakeholders on environmental issues,
- comply in all its operations with current laws and regulations and promote positive development in this area,
- strive to reduce and prevent pollutants in all its operations,
- conduct environmental work that leads to continuous improvements,
- utilise its employees' commitment and awareness.