Swedbank Annual Report 2009
2009 in summary
- The profit for the year was SEK -10 511m (10 887).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -10.66 (16.51).
- The return on equity was -12.5 per cent (15.2).
- Net interest income decreased by 4 per cent to SEK 20 765m (21 702).
- Net commission income decreased by 11 per cent to SEK 7 825m (8 830).
- Net gains and losses on financial items increased by 18 per cent to SEK 2 770m (2 351).
- Expenses decreased by 1 per cent to SEK 17 848m (18 085).
- Credit impairments amounted to a net of SEK 24 641m (3 156).
- The Board of Directors proposes that no dividend be paid for the financial year 2009 (0).
”I am convinced that the key to our success is to more clearly focus on our central mission: the qualified meeting between advisor and customer through a variety of channels. It is there, in these thousands of meetings every day, that the bank creates value.”
Swedbank places great emphasis on close relationships of trust and operation is based on helping the many people and businesses achieve a solid financial sustainability. This means a balanced economy that ensures the well-being of the individual as well as society as a whole.