The Board’s work
11 meetings were held in Stockholm/Sundbyberg and one on the premises of Region Stockholm. The Board was unanimous in its decisions, and no dissenting opinions were noted during the year.
Each year the Board establishes a work plan where it decides, which issues to treat in depth.
Other major issues in 2017 included:
- the bank’s strategic five-year plan with underlying strategies
- greater focus on customers and digital channels
- macroeconomic developments and their impact on the bank and its limits and exposures
- capital and liquidity issues with an emphasis on the new capital requirements
- implementation of sustainability issues such as anti-corruption and human rights in the bank’s main processes: fund management, payments, lending and procurement processes
- liquidity strategies and funding issues
- the current risk and capital situation, including the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and other stress tests
- increased focus on information risk, not least due to digitisation
- credit decisions where the total Group credit limit exceeds SEK 10 bn as well as limits for credit risk concentrations
- customer satisfaction in the bank
- major projects ongoing within the bank
- competition and business intelligence
- regulatory issues such as GDPR, PSD2 and Mifid 2.
The Board has three committees that monitor, prepare and evaluate issues within their respective areas for resolution by the Board, read more under the Board’s committees.
For more information please see the Corporate governance report to the left.