Health promotion measures
Through a variety of measures and health activities Swedbank will contibute to get to sustainable employees.
• Local health care agreements with companies providing health care, preventive consultation, rehabilitation and occupational health including measures for non-work-related stress and incapability.
• High focus on issues around stress and to get a balance in work life, to spare time and to have sustainable employees.
• Promotes education and workshops on stress management offering employees balance kits/education for team workshops.
• Swedbank HR consultants with special education in the area of psychology, provides stress consultations.
• Special questionnaires and work evaluation forms that help to measure stress. The questionnaires are sent out every other month or as often as needed.
• External specialists helping and guiding both our employees, and managers, to cope with the situation.
• Tools to motivate and stimulate both body and mind, increase creativity and by that reducing stress to further more enable sustainable employees.
• External partners with specialists offer service to all employees if needed.
• Estonian employees have three days off for health promotion and also additional winter holiday (5 workdays) compared to minimum vacation days in country.
• Latvian employees are provided three free consultations by a phsyhotherapist per year.
• Education and workshops on stress management: Employees are offered so called balance kits/education for team workshops.
• Balance kit including different parts to discuss around balance, employees own responsibility and early signals of stress for Health inspirers, managers and HR to educate and inspire employees. Online and classroom training are provided by Swedbank Academy.
• Swedbank at Work is a concept for the bank’s way of working. Swedbank in Sweden has implemented this concept, and the Baltic countries will follow.• Different set ups of workplaces with furniture to meet the needs of our defined workgroups, all ergonomic.
• Work environment parameters are regularly measured by external specialists: Examination of ergonomic workplace, illumination, noise, air quality, humidity and temperature.
• Employees are offered ergonomic equipment when promoted or recommended by the occupational health doctor. In other aspects we follow the norm and standards regarding risk assessment measurements and implement corrections if needed.
• Work environment rounds, annually or more often if needed (quarterly in our health committee’s), to make sure we evaluate the physical work environment for all our offices and employees. The work environment rounds are done together with an external part to ensure that we get an external perspective with the right expertise and knowledge to identify potential risks etcetera.
• We have established an ergonomic education for employees and managers to make sure we educate them in an ergonomic way of working and in ergonomic workplaces.
• Swedbank offers all employees SEK 2 500/annually to spend on physical exercise or training courses of own choice.
• Gyms are available at the headquarters with free access to gym training, regular aerobics and spinning classes.
• Health inspirers plan and implement health activities for employees in all units.
• We also offer employees one hour exercise per week during working time.
• External gyms – reduced price where negotiations have been made.
• There is also an opportunity to practice various activities in sports and culture in the spare time via Swedbank, such as golf, badminton and choir and culture events.
• Gyms available at the two main buildings (with about 1300 employees) and a sports club, which for a low membership fee provides regular sporting activities.
• Employees have health insurance with a choice to compensate part of the expenses of fitness programs.
• The headquarter holds a fitness club with trainers, available both during and outside working hours.
• 20 different types of sports are supported by the bank.
• Gym, nutrition and occupational health care/health checkups are offered to all Swedbank’s employees.
• In the Swedish gym employees are offered to book massage, personal trainer sessions, or have a naprapath appointment to a reduced price.
• Ecological fruit and certified coffee are offered in our offices.
• Swedbank also promotes education and workshops nutrition and offers the employees balance kits/education for team workshops.
• Our health strategy with health inspirers are also providing regular information on health and nutrition and is about to be implemented in our Baltic countries.
• The way of working concept Swedbank at Work for all employees implies a possibility to have a flexible start and end time of the working day, if it is suitable for the role and agreed with the manager.
• Compressed workweeks such as working total amount of hours per week, but different length of the working days, is under implementation (in line with collective agreements).
• We offer part time work including gradual return to work of employees on parental leave.
• The possibility to work from home is included in the way of working concept Swedbank at Work. Thus Swedbank offers the employees the opportunity to work from home when suitable for the specific role.
• Across the organization Swedbank also provides digitized workplaces and a digital way of working which makes it easier to work from home.
• Swedbank supports both physical and virtual meetings which make it easier to work from home and not always from Swedbank’s facilities.
• Employees can bring their children to work.
• In Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania there are special places at the headquarters for the children to spend their time in.
• Swedbank in Estonia provides childcare to a reduced fee compared to the private day care.
We value our employees in all stages of the life cycle and therefore make sure to have benefits for those who will be on parental leave.
Due to different regulations on Swedbank's home markets, the terms and conditions of the parental leave differ.