- We start with our vison; we enable people, businesses and society to grow, and use UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as the framework for understanding Swedbank’s contribution as well as setting our impact ambitions.
- We respond to the needs of our key stakeholder groups Customers, Employees, Owners and Society at large, and link them to the SDG framework.
- We leverage our core business areas: Save, Finance, Pay and Own operations to take ownership of sustainable business and create digital solutions that responds to the needs of our stakeholders.
- We structure our work through setting goals for our core business to create value for Swedbank and society at large.
SDG impact focus areas
Swedbank will continue being a bank for the many households and businesses. We also acknowledge the need for more partnerships across sectors to ensure that we accelerate the transition towards the Global Goals. We will be Open, Simple and Caring when transparently interacting with our customers. We believe that our business can have large impact within the following goals:
4 – Quality Education
8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth
12 – Responsible Consumption and Production
In addition to these core impact areas we are putting focus on two additional themes:
- Sustainable Employees
- Low carbon society
- Swedbank will reduce the direct carbon emissions by 60 per cent 2018 (based on the 2010 level) by increasing the share of renewable energy, improving energy efficiency and steering travelling towards more environmentally friendly alternatives.
- Swedbank will reduce the indirect climate impacts by supporting customers in making sustainable choices.
- By integrating sustainability in business decisions Swedbank will reduce the indirect climate impacts.
- Ensuring sustainable procurement through our supplier base.