- Human Rights impact assessment – Swedbank carries out human rights impact assessments to identify human rights impact in our operations and business activities.
- Sourcing/supply chain management – Swedbank has developed a new sustainability supply chain process with an increased focus on human rights and labour rights.
- Credit process – Swedbank has integrated human rights considerations into the sustainability analysis in corporate credits.
- Payments – Swedbank is part of the Financial Coalition Against Child Pornography. The Coalition works in cooperation with the Swedish Police to remove the means of making payment for child pornographic material.
- Inclusive business and inclusive workplace – Swedbank integrates non discrimination principles in employee practices and customer service and has made non-discrimination training a part of our manager program.
- Our human rights approach is guided by the International Bill of Human Rights and the principles concerning fundamental rights set out in the International Labour Organization's Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work as well as the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
To learn more about these declarations and conventions, please see Related links.
Respect for Human Rights
Respect for human rights is an integral part of Swedbank´s vision and values. One reason is that we believe that a serious approach to human rights issues allows the bank to better adapt to new challenges and take advantage of new opportunities. The human rights protect vulnerable and disadvantaged groups and individuals from abuse. They do so by applying cross cutting principles on non-discrimination, participation and accountability. We want to be part of that process. Here are some of the steps we have taken.