Swedbank work actively to reduce the consumption of the Earth’s finite resources and to promote a stable climate and energy transformation. We report on a wide number of environmental key performance indicators (KPI´s) and have set ambitious targets to achieve these. Our main KPI´s to monitor our environmental impact are greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption and business travel.
Greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduce Swedbank’s direct greenhouse gas emissions by 60% in 2019-2030.
- Achieve net zero emissions by 2050 at the latest and align our lending and investment activities with the 1.5 degree temperature goal and set interim targets for 2030 (or sooner).
- Reduce consumption of energy (heating & electricity) by 10% per square meter in 2017-2021
- Reduce consumption of energy (heating & electricity) by 15% per square meter in 2017-2025
- Reduce waste by 3% during 2021
Water consumption per FTE
- During 2021, reduce or stay at the same level of water consumption as 2020.