The human rights protect vulnerable and disadvantaged groups and individuals from abuse. They do so by applying cross cutting principles on non-discrimination, participation and accountability. We want to be part of that process. Here are some of the steps we have taken.
Swedbank's Policy on Human Rights applies for Swedbank AB and all subsidiaries. This policy is one element in the overall Sustainability policy framework in Swedbank.
Policy in brief
The purpose of the policy is to provide a basis for Swedbank Group´s work to respect human rights throughout all business functions: our employees, our business relations, and our supplier engagements.
- Human Rights impact assessment – Swedbank carries out human rights impact assessments to identify human rights impact in our operations and business activities.
- Sourcing/supply chain management – Swedbank has developed a new sustainability supply chain process with an increased focus on human rights and labour rights.
- Credit process – Swedbank has integrated human rights considerations into the sustainability analysis in corporate credits.
- Payments – Swedbank is part of the Financial Coalition Against Child Pornography. The Coalition works in cooperation with the Swedish Police to remove the means of making payment for child pornographic material.
Learn more at www.finanskoalitionen.se
- Inclusive business and inclusive workplace – Swedbank integrates non-discrimination principles in employee practices and customer service and has made non-discrimination training a part of our manager program.
Policy on Diversity and Inclusion
- Our human rights approach is guided by the International Bill of Human Rights and the principles concerning fundamental rights set out in the International Labour Organization's Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work as well as the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.